The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

exim: block all hosts from sending email UNLESS on a whitelist?

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by alexmack, Oct 5, 2011.

1. alexmack

alexmack Member

how can i do this?

ie i want site1.com, site2.com on a whitelist. since they check out they can send email fine

however sites like site3.com or site9000.com should be blocked because they're not on the whitelist, and should not be able to send emails

this is to prevent abuse

2. sawbuck

sawbuck Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
  3. alexmack

alexmack Member

thanks, but i'm looking to block all domains (not just one) and then only let whitelisted ones through. any clue how to do that?

4. sawbuck

sawbuck Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Can't say that I do but Tristan in that thread, that you posted to, is quite knowledgeable with Exim and likely has the answer.

5. mykkal

mykkal Well-Known Member

I think you want to make your server a closed relay. This way it will not relay any mail. Now... to block all incoming mail... i'm sure it can be done though I don't know how.

They question I would have is why would you want to? It would stop new business from being able to communicate with you...unless they were whitelisted first.

I could see this working in a scenario where you have a mailbox that is checked for certain things and automatically routed in some type of workflow solution.

I guess if we knew a lil bit more about your application we might be able to give you a solution.

6. alexmack

alexmack Member

i want to stop outgoing mail from all domains to stop spam from exploited scripts and only allow emails if the client requests it (by putting them on a whitelist)