Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Exim bouncing nobody email back to nobody@servername.domain.com

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussion' started by JP-HOST, Feb 12, 2005.

1. JP-HOST

JP-HOST Well-Known Member

I have implemented the following Exim config changes:

Code:
    local_from_check = false
    untrusted_set_sender = root
    and rewrite

Code:
    nobody@lsearch;/etc/localdomains "${if !eq {$header_From:}{}{$header_sender:$header_From:}fail}" Fs
    cpanel@lsearch;/etc/localdomains "${if !eq {$header_From:}{}{$header_sender:$header_From:}fail}" Fs
    (fail does not have the space in it in the configuration)

which I have read previously in threads regarding this issue. That has worked fine for quite some time. However I continually recieve bounced emails for a hosted client's subdomain.

I am constantly seeing this in my exim_paniclog:

Code:
    2005-02-12 14:54:48 1D04Hw-0005wh-Tp Rewrite of nobody@server1.hostingdomain.com yielded unparseable address: missing or malformed local part (expected word or "<") in address Website: Name <admin@subdomain.hosteddomain.com>
    Can anyone explain how to fix this?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. dgbaker

dgbaker Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. JP-HOST

Sorry for my ignorance David, but I do not see how that addresses my question. I have the fixes that are listed in that thread in place as I stated in my original post. I do not see this problem from any other domain that I host except this subdomain and there are several domains using the forums install that the mail is being generated from. Therefore, I do not believe it to be a script problem.

#3 JP-HOST, Feb 12, 2005
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2005
  4. dgbaker

dgbaker Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    After rereading your post... Granted yours may be a little more different and may warrant a new thread.

#4 dgbaker, Feb 12, 2005
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2005
  5. JP-HOST

Well, I have determined that the problem is with a ':' in the Site's Name (PostNuke site with PNphpBB2). The php script is sending the email as "Website: Name <admin@subdomain.hosteddomain.com>". When I changed that to "Website Name <admin@subdomain.hosteddomain.com>" the error is not being logged in the exim_paniclog. Is there a work around for this that anyone knows of?