The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Exim; can send... sometimes.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Blasted_Heath, Apr 5, 2005.

1. Blasted_Heath

Blasted_Heath Member

When connecting to the mailserver and sending, email is received fine, and there is no problem in receiving email either.

However, when an email is sent from php, or any other script, including webmail, it fails, and doesn't get delivered, giving the vague response of "unrouteable mail domain "gmail.com"" (etc).

There was earlier an accident which caused /usr/sbin/sendmail to be removed from the server, but it was put back on and the correct permissions set on it. Upon restarting exim it says the following:
    Anyone have any ideas on fixing?

2. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

When you say that /usr/sbin/sendmail was put back, are you usre it was done correctly? One way to be sure is to remove it again and run:

/scripts/exim4 --latest

If it is OK, do you have a valid email address in all of the fields in WHM > Change System Mail Preferences (esp. nobody's email)? Also, do you have WHM > Tweak Settings > Prevent the user 'nobody' from sending out mail to remote addresses > checked? It should not be.

3. Blasted_Heath

Blasted_Heath Member

Thanks for the reply, I've managed to fix it now, after checking the exim paniclog, I realised that spamassasin had started stopping all mail, and simply restarting spamasassin cured that. It all seems to be working now :)

4. vishwas

vishwas Well-Known Member

I have same issue , and I checked that the 'nobody' is checked in WHM but i dont want to uncheck that is there any other vay to resovle this issue.

Other all test i did

exim -bt ; exim -bt -d ; dig and everything shows correct

any suggetion will appreciable.