The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

exim.conf overwritten

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GordonH, May 22, 2005.

1. GordonH

GordonH Well-Known Member

It appears that exim.conf has been overwrittten by cpanel on all our servers, disabling clamav and rbl settings.

These had been added through the whm exim configuration editor because doing it this way was supposed to save changes against being overwritten.

I would recommend everyone checks any modifications to exim.conf to see if they are still there.

Gordon

2. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

Never seen that problem before. Which version of the exim package do you have installed? Did you check whether /etc/exim.conf.local was still intact (that's the file that holds the modifications through the exim configuration editor)? If it is intact, then running /scripts/buildeximconf should rebuild exim.conf as you had it. If it doesn't log it in bugzilla.

3. GordonH

GordonH Well-Known Member

There appears to be no pattern to it.
    All affected servers are on WHM 10.1.0 cPanel 10.2.0-S83 but not all servers on that verson are affected and the .local file doe snot have the old modifications in it.
    I have gone round and done them manually as I have them in a cut and paste format as we do it on new servers.

An annoying event.

4. rs-freddo

rs-freddo Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I had this happen on one server but not on another - happened upgrading to the latest stable. I just re-entered all the custom stuff....

5. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member