The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

exim configuration distribution

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by Solokron, Jul 9, 2015.

1. Solokron

Solokron Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    I am looking to distribute my exim configuration over several servers and as a result, using the WHM interface one by one is not going to work for this. Replacing the exim.conf results it in being replaced if any changes are made and chattr'ing doesn't seem to be a good idea in case changes occur down the road with exim/cpanel.

I understand the usage of the files exim.conf.dist, exim.conf.localopts and exim.conf.local per cpanel documentation but I do not see where cPanel is placing the custom ACLs I have entered. I have parsed out the /etc directory for changes but have found nothing. Where is it entering these so I may propagate the changes along with the exim files?

Thank you!

2. Solokron

Solokron Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    For anyone else, a recursive pattern search did the trick. They are located here:

/usr/local/cpanel/etc/exim/acls

3. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

I'm happy to see you were able to find a suitable alternative to the options presented in "WHM >> Exim Configuration Manager". Thank you for updating us with the outcome.