The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Exim Configuration Editor and ensim.conf do not match?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by payne, Mar 17, 2004.

1. payne

payne Well-Known Member

I am trying to comment out the X-AntiAbuse headers in my /etc/exim.conf file. The problem is that even when I do so, and then restart exim, I still get them. I check the WHM Ensim Configuration Editor in Advanced Mode and my comments are not there!??? I look at /etc/exim.conf and they ARE there. It appears that whatever the Configuration Editor is editing (and what ensim is actually using) is not /etc/exim.conf.

Does anyone else have this problem? Does anyone know what file the Configuration Editor is actually editing?

2. payne

payne Well-Known Member

Don't know why I ever post here.

I did a grep AntiAbuse /etc/* and systematically went through each of the files (about 8 of them) that had any of those lines in them. I would delete the lines and then check the Configuration Editor to see if it changed.

Of course, I found the right one last. It was exim.conf.mailman2.dist. Anyone know of any better way to find out which config file exim (and the configuration editor) is using?