Exim configuration editor and RBL's

Marty

Oct 10, 2001
Has anybody successfully used the Exim configuration editor to implement RBL spam blocking. If so, how did you accomplish this? I would appreciate and example.

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:

mmkassem

Oct 21, 2002
Egypt
Originally posted by Marty
Has anybody successfully used the Exim configuration editor to implement RBL spam blocking. If so, how did you accomplish this? I would appreciate and example.

You have to use the SSH to have them configured correctly. Search for "Exim Tweaks" here and you will find a post with how to use the dnslist (RBL are replaced with dnslist in Exim 4)

They should be written just under
require verify = sender

You can find more information in the topic I told you about.

Marty

Oct 10, 2001
Re: Re: Exim configuration editor and RBL's

Originally posted by mmkassem
You have to use the SSH to have them configured correctly. Search for "Exim Tweaks" here and you will find a post with how to use the dnslist (RBL are replaced with dnslist in Exim 4)

They should be written just under
require verify = sender

You can find more information in the topic I told you about.

Yea, I am aware of the ssh method. I was wondering if there was a way to use the Exim Configuration Editor to do it to prevent my changes from being overwritten.

Website Rob

Mar 23, 2002
Alberta, Canada
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
It's a good question, Marty, and one I'm trying to figure out myself. A couple of attempts have just kicked back a syntax error and mulitple instances of Exim try to start running. I don't think it shuts down / restarts Exim correctly and had to do it manually.

Still having to do edits manually as well, until I get more time for a detailed look at this.