cPanel & WHM Version
v98.0.9

Alongar

Oct 5, 2019
America
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
Hello,

Under the Exim Configuration Manager in Basic Editor and under the Security tab the SSL/TLS Cipher Suite List is set to cPanel default:
Code:
ECDHE-ECDSA-AES128-GCM-SHA256:ECDHE-RSA-AES128-GCM-SHA256:ECDHE-ECDSA-AES256-GCM-SHA384:ECDHE-RSA-AES256-GCM-SHA384:ECDHE-ECDSA-CHACHA20-POLY1305:ECDHE-RSA-CHACHA20-POLY1305:DHE-RSA-AES128-GCM-SHA256:DHE-RSA-AES256-GCM-SHA384
However, when you go to the Advance Editor in Exim Configuration Manager, under tls_require_ciphers it is not the cPanel default. It is:
Code:
ALL:!aNULL:!ADH:!eNULL:!LOW:!EXP:RC4+RSA:+HIGH:+MEDIUM:!SSLv2
If the cPanel default is checked in Basic Editor, why does the Advance Editor not show the saved changes from edits in Basic?

cPRex

Jurassic Moderator
Staff member
Oct 19, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hey there! If you make a change on the man Basic Editor page, you'll need to save that change so the configuration is rebuilt. After that, I would expect both pages to match. I checked a test server just now and confirmed they were in sync.

Alongar

Oct 5, 2019
America
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
Hey there! If you make a change on the man Basic Editor page, you'll need to save that change so the configuration is rebuilt. After that, I would expect both pages to match. I checked a test server just now and confirmed they were in sync.
@cPRex

When I saved the changes in Basic Editor and the configuration was rebuilt, it did not show the saved changes in Advance Editor. However, I saved the changes in Advance Editor with the updated ciphers I wanted to use and it displays as expected now.

I just retried it again since you said you tested it on your end and it worked. I changed the Cipher list back to my old one in Basic Editor, saved changes and it did also save in Advance Editor. I then again changed it back to my new one in Basic Editor, saved changes and it does show the saved changes in Advance Editor.

I am not sure why it didn't show up the first time I changed/saved it. Maybe I forgot to save the changes? It was late at night for me so my mistake. But I can confirm it does work. Thanks for taking the time to test it.