The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Exim create additional mailboxes for domain

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by Chris84, May 14, 2016.

1. Chris84

Chris84 Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi there,

Bit of a n00b with using cPanel/WHM, Exim, Dovecot etc., but I'll keep it to the point

Have root access to a VPS (CentOS 6.7, WHM 56.0) with Exim, Dovecot and webmail setup (can automatically choose between Horde, Roundcube and SquirrelMail).

Managed to create an account e.g. test@domain.com and e-mail flows properly etc., and can login to the WHM webmail portal to send and receive.

I want to create more mail users for the same domain.com, e.g. info@domain.com, news@domain.com

On using 'Create a new account', it says I can't create another user for domain.com because it's already in use.

A quick google (thinking it must be right in front of me), I've only found suggestions for creating the info@domain.com by putting the domain as something like info.domain.com in the 'Create a new account' screen.

I tried this, and chose the e-mail as info@domain.com, but e-mail doesn't deliver (only delivers to info@info.domain.com (which isn't what I want).

Also seen suggestions for /scripts/addpop but in doing this I don't see the resulting account in cPanel (as some say I should), and can't login to the webmail portal either.

I'm sure I'm missing something obvious, but don't know anyone familiar with cPanel/WHM or CentOS :(

Any help gratefully received, so I can get more familiar with this. Any other resources also very welcome that would apply to my current setup!

Chris

2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    How many email accounts is the Package that your cPanel account is on, allotted?

3. Chris84

Chris84 Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Well, if I'm right, it's unlimited because I have root access, so I setup the package for that user/domain and set everything to unlimited.

4. Infopro

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    And it works, or no? If no, what happens if you set the number of email accounts to less than unlimited?

5. Chris84

Chris84 Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Yes - the account that's been created works fine. I've set email accounts to 10 and I don't see any different options when logged into the WHM as root.

6. Infopro

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    I don't understand your reply. Once you set that account's Package to permit 10 email acounts, did you log in as that user into his cPanel account, and try to create a second email account on your domain, the problem you had originally? If yes, were you successful?

7. Chris84

Chris84 Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Ok (really appreciate your help, btw!)

I've found it all now... I was looking in totally the wrong place! Bloody n00b!

Infopro likes this.
  8. Infopro

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter: