Exim create additional mailboxes for domain

Chris84

Registered
May 14, 2016
UK
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hi there,

Bit of a n00b with using cPanel/WHM, Exim, Dovecot etc., but I'll keep it to the point

Have root access to a VPS (CentOS 6.7, WHM 56.0) with Exim, Dovecot and webmail setup (can automatically choose between Horde, Roundcube and SquirrelMail).

Managed to create an account e.g. [email protected] and e-mail flows properly etc., and can login to the WHM webmail portal to send and receive.

I want to create more mail users for the same domain.com, e.g. [email protected], [email protected]

On using 'Create a new account', it says I can't create another user for domain.com because it's already in use.

A quick google (thinking it must be right in front of me), I've only found suggestions for creating the [email protected] by putting the domain as something like info.domain.com in the 'Create a new account' screen.

I tried this, and chose the e-mail as [email protected], but e-mail doesn't deliver (only delivers to [email protected] (which isn't what I want).

Also seen suggestions for /scripts/addpop but in doing this I don't see the resulting account in cPanel (as some say I should), and can't login to the webmail portal either.

I'm sure I'm missing something obvious, but don't know anyone familiar with cPanel/WHM or CentOS :(

Any help gratefully received, so I can get more familiar with this. Any other resources also very welcome that would apply to my current setup!

Chris

Chris84

Registered
May 14, 2016
UK
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Yes - the account that's been created works fine. I've set email accounts to 10 and I don't see any different options when logged into the WHM as root.

Infopro

May 20, 2003
Pennsylvania
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Twitter
I don't understand your reply. Once you set that account's Package to permit 10 email acounts, did you log in as that user into his cPanel account, and try to create a second email account on your domain, the problem you had originally? If yes, were you successful?