Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

exim.crt & key don't exist?

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussion' started by beddo, May 1, 2007.

1. beddo

beddo Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Hi,
    I've noticed in my cpup and other that this gets logged:

...chown: /etc/exim.crt: No such file or directory
    chown: /etc/exim.key: No such file or directory

Now everything seems to be working with exim so is this a configuration difference with cpanel and exim using different directories hence causing the cpanel error? If so can anyone give me a pointed as to what to change to make them agree?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

The keys have been moved recently with symlinks to them in /etc:
    Code:
    lrwxrwxrwx    1 mailnull mail           29 Apr  6 10:23 /etc/exim.crt -> /var/cpanel/ssl/exim/exim.crt
    lrwxrwxrwx    1 mailnull mail           29 Apr  6 10:23 /etc/exim.key -> /var/cpanel/ssl/exim/exim.key
    Running /scripts/eximup --force ought to rectify the issue. If there was a problem, it's only likelt to be with SMTP over TLS (ssmtp)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. mctDarren

mctDarren Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Any fix for that problem that you know of Jonathan? I have a couple users that like to send over SSL. Key/CRT files in place, links are there, permissions I would think look fine, yet still getting this error:

[qoute]TLS error on connection from [192.168.1.1]:2439 (SSL_CTX_use_certificate_chain_file file=/etc/exim.crt): error:0200100D:system library:fopen:Permission denied[/quote]

Have run /scripts/eximup couple times, restarted exim, courier-imap, cpanel, my lawn mower and jeep. Still no go. (Desperation move with the jeep, I know...) :)

4. cPanelKenneth

cPanelKenneth cPanel Development
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Have run /scripts/eximup couple times, restarted exim, courier-imap, cpanel, my lawn mower and jeep. Still no go. (Desperation move with the jeep, I know...) :)[/QUOTE]

Restarting the lawn mower did it. You shredded the certs :D

EDIT:

Make certain the files in /var/cpanel/exim are owned by mailnull and mail. Like:
    For testing, I changed the owner and group to nobody, and received the same error you did.

#4 cPanelKenneth, May 4, 2007
    Last edited: May 4, 2007
  5. mctDarren

mctDarren Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Shredded them? Well, at least I know I won't have to sharpen the blade this year! :D

I am using pop-before smtp. No special set up at all...

Edit:
    Hmmm, in /var/cpanel/ssl/exim mine are set root:root, and only root readable. No write. Changing perms to match yours...

Edit2:
    And voila.. she is fixed. Thank you kind sir. ( Now I have to do this to all our boxes then really go cut the lawn! lol )

#5 mctDarren, May 4, 2007
    Last edited: May 4, 2007
  6. procam

procam Well-Known Member

I seem to recall there was a problem some time ago with cpanel nightly updates wiping out my /etc/exim.key and /etc/exim.crt and I had a cron job running at 1am every morning to copy both back to the proper place is this still an issue does anyone know cause I just had to put crt in a new box today and I really dont like surprises first thing in the morning....:D