Mar 6, 2003
chown -R us.*yourbase*
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
Twitter
chirpy said:
4 non-authenticated sends in a row
Chirpy, to clarify:

Does that mean 4 non-authenticated sends to local, non-existent email addresses, or just 4 non-authenticated sends in a row?

chirpy

Verifed Vendor
Jun 15, 2002
Go on, have a guess
The latter. They do have to be part of the same SMTP connection, so typically, it will be users who have 4 or more outgoing emails in their outbox and they then connect and send without POPing. In such cases I'd recommend a client uses SMTP AUTH.

MediaServe

PartnerNOC
Apr 9, 2004
Nashville, TN USA
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
Twitter
Another issue I'm experiencing with the latest version of this script is that it isn't cleaning out /etc/exim_deny. I'm not a perl coder, so I don't know what in the code may be wrong, but nothing added to /etc/exim_deny is ever being removed.

/etc/exim_deny.pl is scheduled as an hourly cron (via symlink in /etc/cron.hourly, and I've run it at the command line as well. No errors, but no removal of IPs either.

Any ideas Chirpy?

chirpy

Verifed Vendor
Jun 15, 2002
Go on, have a guess
If you run the perl script twice it should empty out the file. If it doesn't, make sure that your /tmp partition isn't full and is chmod 1777.

chirpy

Verifed Vendor
Jun 15, 2002
Go on, have a guess
No, it should indeed trim it and I've not seen a problem with it not doing so unless there were issues with the ownership of the /tmp/exim_lock.txt file or the permissions on /tmp.