The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

exim error

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by anand, Feb 22, 2010.

1. anand

anand Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Hi,

I am seeing the below message on many cpanel servers from past couple of hours.

Code:
    2010-02-22 17:21:08 failed to expand condition "${if exists {$home/etc/$domain/quota}{${if > {${lookup{$local_part}lsearch{$home/etc/$domain/quota}{$value}{0}}}{0}{${if eq {${if exists {$home/mail/$domain/$local_part/maildirsize}{1}{0}}}{0}{${if > {${run {/usr/local/cpanel/bin/eximwrap GETDISKUSED $local_part $domain}}}{${lookup{$local_part}lsearch{$home/etc/$domain/quota}{$value}{0}}}{true}{false}}}{${perl{checkuserquota}{$domain}{$local_part}{$message_size}{${lookup{$local_part}lsearch{$home/etc/$domain/quota}{$value}}}{$home/mail/$domain/$local_part/maildirsize}}}}}{false}}}{false}}" for virtual_user_maildir_overquota router: command timed out

Apart from the above, there are certain ratelimit db errors

Code:
    failed to open DB file /var/spool/exim/db/ratelimit: Success
    H=xxxxxxxxxx [xxx.xxx.xxx.xxxx] temporarily rejected connection in "connect" ACL: ratelimit database not available

Does anyone else facing similar problems ?

cPanel 11.25.0-R43473 - WHM 11.25.0

2. Silver_2000

Silver_2000 Well-Known Member

Im seeing the same errors after migrating to new server on new disk

Any ideas ??

3. anand

anand Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    I was able to resolve my issue. I found that the raid array was degraded, and ironically that was the cause of exim failing (till date i still don't understand why it was happening like that). After we did a rebuild, exim error went off completely.

4. Silver_2000

Mine is on a brand new mirror on brand new disks

I doubt its the array ...

5. Silver_2000

Ive run scripts/mailperm

no dice

any other ideas ?

6. cPanelKenneth

cPanelKenneth cPanel Development
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Since part of the error message was not include ( specifically the bit after for virtual_user_maildir_overquota router:) I'm taking a guess at a solution.

Run /scripts/reset_mail_quotas_to_sane_values. If the errors go away after executing that script the problem was that one (or more) of the accounts had a quota usage that exceeded Exim's hard coded limit.

If that script does not resolve the issue, please post the full error message generated by Exim.

Thank you.

7. Silver_2000

havent run the sane values script yet but here is the entire error

Security Violations
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    2010-03-24 12:12:51 failed to expand condition "${if exists {$home/etc/$domain/quota}{${if > {${lookup{$local_part}lsearch{$home/etc/$domain/quota}{$value}{0}}}{0}{${if eq {${if exists {$home/mail/$domain/$local_part/maildirsize}{1}{0}}}{0}{${if > {${run {/usr/local/cpanel/bin/eximwrap GETDISKUSED $local_part $domain}}}{${lookup{$local_part}lsearch{$home/etc/$domain/quota}{$value}{0}}}{true}{false}}}{${perl{checkuserquota}{$domain}{$local_part}{$message_size}{${lookup{$local_part}lsearch{$home/etc/$domain/quota}{$value}}}{$home/mail/$domain/$local_part/maildirsize}}}}}{false}}}{false}}" for virtual_user_maildir_overquota router: failed to open /home/goodbody/etc/goodbodys.com/quota for linear search: Permission denied (euid=47 egid=12)
    2010-03-24 12:35:14 failed to expand condition "${if exists {$home/etc/$domain/quota}{${if > {${lookup{$local_part}lsearch{$home/etc/$domain/quota}{$value}{0}}}{0}{${if eq {${if exists {$home/mail/$domain/$local_part/maildirsize}{1}{0}}}{0}{${if > {${run {/usr/local/cpanel/bin/eximwrap GETDISKUSED $local_part $domain}}}{${lookup{$local_part}lsearch{$home/etc/$domain/quota}{$value}{0}}}{true}{false}}}{${perl{checkuserquota}{$domain}{$local_part}{$message_size}{${lookup{$local_part}lsearch{$home/etc/$domain/quota}{$value}}}{$home/mail/$domain/$local_part/maildirsize}}}}}{false}}}{false}}" for virtual_user_maildir_overquota router: failed to open /home/goodbody/etc/goodbodys.com/quota for linear search: Permission denied (euid=47 egid=12)
    2010-03-24 12:45:40 failed to expand condition "${if exists {$home/etc/$domain/quota}{${if > {${lookup{$local_part}lsearch{$home/etc/$domain/quota}{$value}{0}}}{0}{${if eq {${if exists {$home/mail/$domain/$local_part/maildirsize}{1}{0}}}{0}{${if > {${run {/usr/local/cpanel/bin/eximwrap GETDISKUSED $local_part $domain}}}{${lookup{$local_part}lsearch{$home/etc/$domain/quota}{$value}{0}}}{true}{false}}}{${perl{checkuserquota}{$domain}{$local_part}{$message_size}{${lookup{$local_part}lsearch{$home/etc/$domain/quota}{$value}}}{$home/mail/$domain/$local_part/maildirsize}}}}}{false}}}{false}}" for virtual_user_maildir_overquota router: failed to open /home/goodbody/etc/goodbodys.com/quota for linear search: Permission denied (euid=47 egid=12)

goodbodys is a suspended account - i unsuspended and resuspended it earlier today - with no change

8. Silver_2000

running scripts/reset_mail_quotas_to_sane_values

fixed the error