The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

exim (eximpackageisnotinstalled)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jsteel, Jul 13, 2003.

1. jsteel

jsteel Well-Known Member

Here's an FYI everyone.

During last night's upgrades to 7.2/R20, the installer horked up exim on couple of our servers. If you have anyone complaining about SMTP not working, check your system stats page and see if it shows a 'red light' for exim and states 'exim (eximpackageisnotinstalled)'.

If so, simply run '/scripts/exim4' to correct the problem.

Not sure why the installer only broke a couple boxes, but the above command will fix it.

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:

2. Jump

Jump Active Member

I have been having exim problems since the version 7 of C-Panel/WHM. LAst night it got trashed again. I got to /scripts/exim4 and it fails. I get this...

virus_rewrite conflicts with file from package cpanel71-1.0-4.swsoft
    file /usr/sbin/exim_fixdb from install of exim-4.20-180_cpanel_stmpcontrol_antivirus_rewrite conflicts with file from package cpanel71-1.0-4.swsoft
    file /usr/sbin/exim_lock from install of exim-4.20-180_cpanel_stmpcontrol_antivirus_rewrite conflicts with file from package cpanel71-1.0-4.swsoft
    file /usr/sbin/exim_tidydb from install of exim-4.20-180_cpanel_stmpcontrol_antivirus_rewrite conflicts with file from package cpanel71-1.0-4.swsoft
    file /usr/sbin/eximstats from install of exim-4.20-180_cpanel_stmpcontrol_antivirus_rewrite conflicts with file from package cpanel71-1.0-4.swsoft
    file /usr/sbin/exinext from install of exim-4.20-180_cpanel_stmpcontrol_antivirus_rewrite conflicts with file from package cpanel71-1.0-4.swsoft
    file /usr/sbin/exiqsumm from install of exim-4.20-180_cpanel_stmpcontrol_antivirus_rewrite conflicts with file from package cpanel71-1.0-4.swsoft
    file /usr/sbin/exiwhat from install of exim-4.20-180_cpanel_stmpcontrol_antivirus_rewrite conflicts with file from package cpanel71-1.0-4.swsoft
    `/etc/localdomains.eximreset' -> `/etc/localdomains'
    `/etc/aliases.eximreset' -> `/etc/aliases'
    `/etc/secondarymx.eximreset' -> `/etc/secondarymx'
    Building exim.conf.../scripts/buildeximconf: fatal: /etc/exim.conf.dist is missing

3. sqsisa

sqsisa Well-Known Member

Oh yeah fellow suffers. Same thing happend deleted exim.pl and exim.conf and did not replace them. /scripts/exim4 does same thing. See http://forums.cpanel.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=12028

I downloaded exim 4.20 and did an rpm install. Only way I got it to work. I have got the upgrades shut off. I am too damn afraid to turn it back on. I feel your pain. SMTP was down for 2 days!!!! All email went to :blackhole: :mad: