The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Exim Eximstats Cppop Failed

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Punkluis, Jan 22, 2005.

1. Punkluis

Punkluis Member

Ever since I installed cpanel a month ago (December 24th) Ive had exim eximstats and cppop failed, when I restart exim it says everything was successfull but then it says exim failed, please contact the sysadmin, I ran a DNS report and this is what came up:

Getting MX record for fg-servers.com... Got it!

Host Preference IP(s) [Country] fg-servers.com. 0 67.18.182.194 [US] --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Step 1: Try connecting to the following mailserver:
    fg-servers.com. - 67.18.182.194

Step 2: If still unsuccessful, queue the E-mail for later delivery.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Trying to connect to all mailservers:

fg-servers.com. - 67.18.182.194 [Could not connect: Could not receive data: Operation timed out.]

I also checked the exim logs and it said could not bind socket to port 25 and I checked port 25 and it says something about tcpserver 0.0.0.0:25.

I've tried sending email from my gmail account to an account on my domain and it sent me a rebound, I can however, send email from my server to my gmail account Ok.

This domain is also the ns1 and ns2.

Any ideas?

2. Punkluis

Punkluis Member

I HAVE recompiled exim and done all the sugestions on this forum...

3. Punkluis

Punkluis Member

Anyone have any ideas? I have to fix this, I have another problem with the ftp so unless I fix this Im stuck with these 4 problems.

4. Punkluis

Punkluis Member

ok so I fixed it myself, for some reason there was a copy of qmail installed on my server, I uninstalled it and killed the pids and restarted exim and everything works fine.