The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Exim fallback_hosts to smarthost on remote_smtp and dkim_remote_smtp

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by andryan, Dec 23, 2014.

1. andryan

andryan Member

Hi guys,

I'm wondering if any of you is using smarthosts for fallback_hosts for your Exim setup. I think remote_smtp and dkim_remote_smtp can be modified to have fallback_hosts, but I don't have a test server to try this setup. Perhaps someone from the cPanel support team can help with this? Since the Exim config editor does not permit us to customize the remote_smtp nor dkim_remote_smtp, is there a better way to achieve this goal?

The reason to do this is because last time my mail server lost some of its transit prefixes and some mails to certain mail servers were stuck in the queue while connection to my smarthosts were fine. I have a few smarthosts from ESPs that I use to relay emails to Gmail/Hotmail/Yahoo with, so I'm wondering if I can make use of these smarthosts for fallback_hosts as well.

Cheers,
    Andryan

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

I don't believe it's possible to make this customization through the advanced editor in WHM. There is a thread on how to do this at:

Remote_SMTP Custom Changes

Thank you.