The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

exim filter

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by rangerx, Jan 11, 2006.

1. rangerx

rangerx Member

I recentlly upgraded my system (cpanel and exim) and now I am having problems with my /etc/vfilters/ filter files for my domain. I used the code snip from this post :
    http://forums.cpanel.net/showpost.php?p=187341&postcount=6 to pipe mail to procmail if the user had a .procmailrc in the mail home dir.

when I send mail to this user@domain, the mail is rejected with this error message:
    This message was created automatically by mail delivery software.

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its
    recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

pipe to |/usr/bin/procmail ORGMAIL=${extract{5}{:}{${lookup{${lookup{$domain}lsearch*{/etc/userdomains}{$value}}}lsearch{/etc/passwd}{$value}}}}/mail/${domain}/${local_part}/inbox DEFAULT=${extract{5}{:}{${lookup{${lookup{$domain}lsearch*{/etc/userdomains}{$value}}}lsearch{/etc/passwd}{$value}}}}/mail/${domain}/${local_part}/inbox HOME=${extract{5}{:}{${lookup{${lookup{$domain}lsearch*{/etc/userdomains}{$value}}}lsearch{/etc/passwd}{$value}}}}/mail/${domain}/${local_part}
    generated by ***@***.com

I dont know if exim changed versions, I am running exim-4.52-7_cpanel_smtpctl_av_rewrite_mm2_mmmtrap_exiscan_md5pass now. Has syntax changed a bit ? Can someone please help me fix this code / my problem ? Thanks.

2. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

You'd probably need to check in /var/log/exim_mainlog for the actual error which might help narrow down the possible causes. I'm not aware of any syntax changes for exim Filters which you'd hope would always remain backwards compatible. Another option would be to run /scripts/mailperm just to be sure that it isn't a file permissions issue.

3. rangerx

rangerx Member

okay, exim_mainlog showed the problem....
    failed: failed to open /etc/userdomains for linear search: Permission denied (euid=32005 egid=32005)
    and that file had 660 perms with root:mail owning it.... so I wouldnt think there would be a problem there because i thought mail would be trying to open it. but apparently its in the users hand already, and its the user that is opening up that file. so i changed it to userdomains to 664.

but now i get another problem....
    procmail: Suspicious rcfile "/home/***/mail/***.com/list/.procmailrc"
    procmail: Couldn't read "/home/***/mail/***.com/list/.procmailrc"

these files are owned by the user, and most of them are 660 as well. there shouldnt be a reason to change the files to 664, but i did that anyway and i still recieve the same error. any ideas on this one ?

4. rangerx

rangerx Member

apparently procmail doesnt like 660 on .procmailrc.... it wants 600. Everything back to normal. thanks for the help.

5. rangerx

rangerx Member

doh.... /etc/userdomains got set back to 660 by one of the cpanel scripts last night via cron. anyone know which script this is ?

Update: /scripts/updateuserdomains - line 102 - chmod(0660,'/etc/.userdomains'); - I can change it to 0664... but when i sync the scripts, it will revert back to 0660, can we perm. make it 0664 ?

#5 rangerx, Jan 13, 2006
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2006