Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

EXIM Filtering for Sub-Accounts ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jhporter, Mar 16, 2006.

1. jhporter

jhporter Registered

I have a question re: EXIM filters.

While I can setup filters for the entire account (main account),I would instead like to be able to filter mail based on the sub-account destination (e.g. if $header_to: is user@domain.com then if header_subject: contains "XXX" then ..... endif, endif).

That way I can have custom filters for each mail account. The .filter file does not support that, but I expect that it can be done (based on what I have read here), by writing all of this into an EXIM filter file that can be put in the /etc/vfilters/domain.com/ file?

A couple of questions:

a. is that true? Does the /etc/vfilters/domain.com file support this construct? If so, is the domain.com the file name itself or a directory? (if its a directory, what do you name the file that you put under that?)

b. I don't have access to this file as a user, but I am confident that my hosting co would install it for me. Question though, is it possible for hosting administrators to give user-level access to this file? (my hoster is as curious as to how I solve my issue as I am - so they may be willing to set something more permanent up here).

2. jhporter

jhporter Registered

EXIM Filtering - SubAccounts- HELP!

Still hoping that someone can help me solve this problem - anyone?

Thanks!

3. stevenmusumeche

stevenmusumeche Registered

Anyone? I'd like to do this as well.

4. Zaf

Zaf Well-Known Member

/etc/vfilters/domain.com is a file and it can contains rules in a similar way as described by you.

Request your service provider to keep this file in your home directory instead of /etc/vfilters/ and then create a softlink of the same in the /etc/vfilters/ folder.

hth