Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Exim filters

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussion' started by sdevine, Jul 21, 2007.

1. sdevine

sdevine Registered

I would like to created individual exim filters for my virtual users.
    Normally I would do that as a .forward in their home dirs. Any advice on how to do that in a cpanel setup?
    I find a dir called /etc/vfilters but that looks more like a global filter for the whole domain.
    /etc/valiases is a flat file .. cant see how to put a filter in there unless maybe I could pipe a line to a file?
    Thanks
    Steve

2. mtindor

mtindor Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I don't know about on Cpanel 10, but on Cpanel 11:

assume I have an account username called 'bill' and domain is 'ihatewinders.com'. And I want to set up an individual filter for one email address in the ihatewinders.com domain - specifically penguin@ihatewinders.com. I want to set up a rule that deletes any incoming emails from bill@microsoft.com to penguin@ihatewinders.com.

/home/bill/etc/ihatewinders.com/penguin/filter is a file - and in that file named filter there is the following:

# Exim filter

if not first_delivery and error_message then finish endif

#NoBill
    if
    $header_from: is "bill@microsoft.com"
    then
    save "/dev/null" 660
    endif

- Mike

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...