The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EXIM (I HATE YOU!!!!!) and IMAPD on functioning. Use postfix or qmail!!

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by hariskhan, Jan 8, 2005.

1. hariskhan

hariskhan Well-Known Member

cPanel upgrade: Exim missing spamassassin scripts and IMAPD not functioning

Hello

Exim is not working. Its daemon starts up, but what good is it, if its not sending or receiving any mail?

I sent mail to it from yahoo, and its return transript is as follows;

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi. This is the qmail-send program at yahoo.com.
    I'm afraid I wasn't able to deliver your message to the following
    addresses.
    This is a permanent error; I've given up. Sorry it didn't work out.

<email-ID@ameersoft.com>:
    **.10.**.130 does not like recipient.
    Remote host said: 550-Verification failed for <email-ID@yahoo.com>
    550-unrouteable mail domain "yahoo.com"
    550 Sender verify failed
    Giving up on **.10.**.130.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Then I manually TELNET into my server's SMTP port (25) and manually entered the SMTP commands and the received same output, which is also as follows;

550-Verification failed for <email-ID@yahoo.com>
    550 Sender verify failed

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

220-server.domain.com ESMTP Exim 4.34 #1 Fri, 07 Jan 2005 23:35:09 -0600
    220-We do not authorize the use of this system to transport unsolicited,
    220 and/or bulk e-mail.
    SMTP>> EHLO domain.com
    250-server.domain.com Hello domain.com [***.128.***.228]
    250-SIZE 52428800
    250-PIPELINING
    250-AUTH PLAIN LOGIN
    250-STARTTLS
    250 HELP
    MAIL FROM: email-ID@yahoo.com
    250 OK
    RCPT TO: email-ID@domain.com
    550-Verification failed for <email-ID@yahoo.com>
    550 Sender verify failed
    SMTP>> QUIT
    221 server.domain.com closing connection

- I have tried disabling "condition" in virtual_user_spam block in /etc/exim.conf
    - I have tried disabling require very = sender in /etc/exim.conf

Give me a generic cpanel, exim.conf (exim configuration file), so that at least my mail sending and receiving starts working.

2) Plus, after I upgraded to WHM 9.9.9 cPanel 9.9.9-R70, my imapd is also not working. Starting up of imapd fails

Someone HELP!!!

#1 hariskhan, Jan 8, 2005
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2005
  2. cPanelBilly

cPanelBilly Guest

1) You have sender verify enabled and your server is unable to route the domain. I suggest checking to see why it cannot (most likely a bad resolv.conf)

3. hariskhan

hariskhan Well-Known Member

Changes I made and new output

I made some changes, yes, now it is turned on...

When I turn it off, I would receive...

550-"The recipient cannot be verified. Please all recipients of this message
    550 to verify they are valid."

I deleted the account and re-created it. Same error.....

Now.. after my upgrade to the latest version, when everything is as cpanel upgraded it to, when I click "Deliver Now" on a mail in the exim queue, I get the following errors;

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message 1CmrGd-0005Qq-Rc is no longer frozen
    LOG: MAIN PANIC
    failed to expand condition "${perl{checksa_deliver}{$domain}{$local_part}{$received_protocol}}" for virtual_sa_user router: Undefined subroutine &main::checksa_deliver called.

failed to expand condition "${perl{check_deliver_spam}{$domain}{$local_part}}" for virtual_user_spam router: Undefined subroutine &main::check_deliver_spam called.

failed to expand condition "${perl{check_deliver}{$domain}{$local_part}}" for virtual_user router: Undefined subroutine &main::check_deliver called.

failed to expand condition "${perl{checkvalias}{$domain}{$local_part}}" for has_alias_but_no_mailbox_discarded_to_prevent_loop router: Undefined subroutine &main::checkvalias called.

failed to expand condition "${perl{checksa_deliver}{$domain}{$local_part}{$received_protocol}}" for virtual_sa_user router: Undefined subroutine &main::checksa_deliver called.

failed to expand condition "${perl{check_deliver_spam}{$domain}{$local_part}}" for virtual_user_spam router: Undefined subroutine &main::check_deliver_spam called.

failed to expand condition "${perl{check_deliver}{$domain}{$local_part}}" for virtual_user router: Undefined subroutine &main::check_deliver called.

failed to expand condition "${perl{checkvalias}{$domain}{$local_part}}" for has_alias_but_no_mailbox_discarded_to_prevent_loop router: Undefined subroutine &main::checkvalias called.

LOG: MAIN
    ** junk@ameersoft.com <haris@ameersoft.com>: Unrouteable address
    LOG: MAIN
    Frozen (delivery error message)

Return to Mail Queue

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apparently when cpanel upgraded exim's configuration file, it left some bugs in there for the following routines;

&main::checksa_deliver
    &main::check_deliver_spam
    &main::check_deliver
    &main::checkvalias

I have run /sciprts/upcp multiple times to check if there were any upgrades to this, but it has not worked. Can someone give me a sample exim.conf with the latest cpanel/WHM with the spamassassin routines added or fixed? or paste me these routines, so I can add them to my config file....

I NEED it urgently, since all mail on my dedicated server is stopped. No email is going out or comming in.

My /etc/resolve.conf has nothing wrong in it.

It can resolve all domains. I manually telnet Yahoo mail servers on their SMTP port and sent an email from my dedicated server, it was sent. If my server can resolve mail servers when I connect to them through telnet, what problem would exim have resolving those domains or connecting to them? Since, starting troubleshooting this problem, I have restart /etc/init.d/exim multiple times...

4. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

You could try reseting exim:

rm -f /etc/exim.conf.local*
    /scripts/exim4 --latest

If that doesn't help, I would suggest eithers asking your datacentre for help, or hire a server administrator that understand exim.

5. Aric1

Aric1 Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Also note that if a maximum # of messages per hour is set in WHM, then you will get the unroutable message for every message after the maximum for that hour. Double check to make sure you don't have it set REALLY low.