cPanel & WHM Version

wlj8618

Registered
Jun 21, 2021
Malaysia
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hi,

One of my client having issue receive attachment. The issue one affected his email only. Others user are fine. When he receive pdf attachment in webmail, can view it as pdf file. But when he retrieve using iphone or mac book, he receive winmail.dat. Others user that receive same email with same attachment in iphone can view as pdf.

I did not receive complaint from other client about attachment in apple mail in same server. Just his email only. Yesterday he format mac book and downgrade to catalina. He try use thunderbird and outlook for mac book and issue still persist. Please advise.

Thanks.

cPRex

Jurassic Moderator
Staff member
Oct 19, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hey there! Is this user's mail possible going through the Microsft network with remote MX records? This seems to be a common issue with Microsoft clients as the following Google search shows many thousands of results:

There isn't something you'll be able to change on the server-side to adjust this behavior as this is almost certainly related to the client or the message being delivered through the Microsoft network.

cPRex

Jurassic Moderator
Staff member
Oct 19, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
I don't think the client used will change the behavior. Since the issue is just affecting one specific user it is likely something with their mail settings, since you reported other users can receive the file normally.

I would focus on the Outlook client and try some of the fixes recommended in that search I posted to see if any of them resolve the issue.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A Email 4
C Email 3
D Email 1
M Email 3
A Email 2