The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Exim limit when send a message?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by macmartins, Jul 6, 2004.

1. macmartins

macmartins Well-Known Member

Hi!

I wish to know if have a limit of e-mails in "to" field of the message when it is send...Because an user asked my why when he send a message with 50 e-mails in "CCO", an error was presented in the "Outlook Express"...

May be this happened because a limit of EXIM to e-mails in "CCO"/"To" in one single message?

--macmartins

2. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

Exim does not impose a limit. However, there is a limit that you can set that will affect exim in WHM > Tweak Settings > The maximum each domain can send out per hour.

Also, many MTA's will reject a message if a particular email header record is too large - typically, if the delivery fileds are greater that 32768 characters

If the user wants to send to such a large list they really ought to be using a mailman mailing list - that's what they're for.

It's also possible that OE has some sort of restriction.

3. macmartins

macmartins Well-Known Member

---
    What is very strange is that when I try to send the same message from another email [that isn't in the server], the message goes ok...is this a problem in exim?