The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Exim lockdown

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jetnet, Nov 20, 2006.

1. jetnet

jetnet Active Member

Forgive me for having to ask this here, but this seems to be the best place.

I have a few cPanel servers running exim, and I also have a few MX SPAM filtering servers running. Currently I have all MX records pointed to the MX servers. Here is the problem.

Message A (looks up MX host, and delievers to MX Filter) -> MX Filter (if everything checks out) -> cPanel Host, and final deliever.

Nothing wrong there.

Message B (does NOT look up the MX host, because this is a spammer. Insted he sends it to the IP address of the web server, thus bypassing the SPAM filters) -> cPanel Host and final deliver...

See the problem? So the question is this... How do I kill all outside servers from getting into exim without blocking all of the people who NEED to send mail though exim? If postfix you can say who are allowed relayers, and you just do something like this:

allowed_relay = localhost,
    sasl_authenticated,
    $mynetworks,
    deny

And it would allow users who SASL authenticate to send mail, but all others can just die,,,

Any ideas how to configure that?

2. jetnet

jetnet Active Member

I Really REALLY need this problem fixed..... Does ANYONE have a solution for this problem?