Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Exim logs question

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussion' started by DanceInstructor, May 22, 2007.

1. DanceInstructor

I'm getting the following about every 5 minutes, and its been happening at least for the last 24 hours or so (I haven't checked back further).

Code:
    2007-05-22 22:15:52 H=(iced.overcoffee.com) [216.243.227.15] sender verify defer for <selfserve@iced.overcoffee.com>: could not connect to iced.overcoffee.com [216.243.227.15]: Connection timed out
    2007-05-22 22:15:52 H=(iced.overcoffee.com) [216.243.227.15] F=<selfserve@iced.overcoffee.com> temporarily rejected RCPT <xxx@xxxxxx.com>: Could not complete sender verify callout
    The account that is listed is valid (but xxxed out of course).

My question is: Is this someone trying to send mail to the user on my server or someone trying to send mail from my server as this user to other people?

Thanks

2. erik@delphi

erik@delphi Well-Known Member

somebody is trying to send email to an account on your server but it looks it's not passing the sender_verify