The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Exim Mail Filter

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by chrisben, Apr 1, 2003.

1. chrisben

chrisben Member

Hi,

I am trying to use the mail filter feature of Exim. I have read the documentation for Exim, and it tells you to name the filter file ".forward", and place it in your home directory. It also indicated that the name or location of this file could be different depending on how Exim was configured on a particular system.

I installed the .forward file, but the mail system is not looking at it, because when I send mail to test@mYDOMAIN.com, the mail just drops into the "test" mailbox, instead of performing the desired action. I have tried putting the .forward file in my home directory, in the home/mail directory, and in the home/mail/test directory and it still doesn't work. I also successfully ran the syntax check test on the file, as recommended by the Exim documentation. How can I get this to work?

Here is a copy of the .forward filter file I am using:

# Exim filter

if
    $local_part contains "t"
    then
    pipe "$home/public_html/scgi-bin/mailfilter2.pl $original_local_part $domain $return_path $sender_address"
    seen finish
    endif

any help would be appreciated.

2. vishal

vishal Well-Known Member

/etc/vfilters

Hello,
    Its very important to place the .forward file or the filtering rules in correct place.

Put your rules under:

/etc/vfilters/yourdomain.com

and then see if it works.

Good Luck :)

Regards,
    :cool: