XPerties

Apr 10, 2003
New Jersey, USA
I set up a new server a few days ago and all seem fine but in the contact preferences I set it to e-mail [email protected] Now all the e-mails are staying in the Q and showing this error:

[email protected]
(generated from [email protected])
SMTP error from remote mailer after RCPT TO:<[email protected]>:
host domain.com [xxx.xx.xxx.xxx]: 550-Verification failed for <[email protected]>
550-unrouteable mail domain "server2.domain.com"
550 Sender verify failed
I know the e-mail works fine, I use it all the time, all day actually. What would be stopping my new server from sending out e-mail?

It's been 4 days so I'm sure any DNS has fully updated.

edit: btw the "Prevent the user 'nobody' from sending out mail " is NOT checked.

Last edited:

XPerties

Apr 10, 2003
New Jersey, USA
Just an update if anyone else is having this problem, the e-mail that is saying unrouteable is only when the server itself is trying to send out notifications.

Also this is WHM 8.5.4 cPanel 8.5.4-R7

I'm opening a ticket.

XPerties

Apr 10, 2003
New Jersey, USA
cPanel ID# 29920

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number: #29920

andyf

Jan 7, 2002
UK
SMTP error from remote mailer after RCPT TO:<[email protected]>:
host domain.com [xxx.xx.xxx.xxx]: 550-Verification failed for <[email protected]>

Your server hosting domain.com is unable to verify the FQDN server2.domain.com (does it resolve?). Also, depending on your config, the host at domain.com could be checking to see if [email protected] exists locally on that server (if for whatever reason it believes server2.domain.com is a local domain, such as if it was in /etc/localdomains), as it doesnt it's then rejecting it.

Could be either, but I'd probably put my money on the first.

XPerties

Apr 10, 2003
New Jersey, USA
Kyle from cpanel recompile Exim and I added a mx entry on the first server resolving it to the second server.

Don't know which worked, but it's all fixed.