exim mail queue issue

achuth

Registered
Mar 4, 2020
bangalore
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
We are using godaddy servers with cpanel and whm installed on that server from last 3 to 4 years.
From last 3 days we are not able to open cpanel,whm and webmail due to disk usage full.

after checking disk usage /var/spool/exim/input path consumed 170GB and i deleted all the mail queue.
but after deleting mail queue also again mail queues are created.
how to resolve this issue

cPanelLauren

Product Owner
Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston
Hello,

That is a lot of mail, if that's not mail that you're aware should be sending I'd bet that you have an issue with a compromised password or script on the account. If you have one or several users receiving bouncebacks (or if all the mail is FROM the same person) I'd advise you change the password for that user's account. If the mail is from accounts which don't exist or numerous accounts I'd lean more toward a script sending mail. These are just assumptions based on my experience though, to know for sure you'll have to investigate the mail itself. We use a script internally which parses the exim_mainlog and provides us output that breaks down mail origins. You can use this as well if you'd like :

Code:
perl <(curl -s https://raw.githubusercontent.com/cPanelTechs/SSE/master/sse.pl) -s