The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

exim mail receive problem...

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by linuxgirl, Feb 26, 2007.

1. linuxgirl

linuxgirl Active Member

Hello,

We have a web hosting company and one of our client is facing mail receive problem.after checking logs we got this error -

----------------------
    2007-02-25 01:56:55 H=qsrv03sl.mx.bigpond.com [144.140.92.183]:62113 I=[192.168.1.1]:25 F= temporarily rejected RCPT : Could not complete sender verify callout

192.168.1.1 = Server IP
    ----------------------

We have enabled callout function from whm and we do not want to disable this option.
    Without disabling this option how to solve this issue?
    Also we have added senders IP and domain name in exim_deny_whitelist but no use.
    Still he is unable to receive mail....

Please let us know the solution.

Thank you.

Regards,
    Linuxgirl

2. aarondwyer

aarondwyer Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    http://forums.cpanel.net/showpost.php?p=280033&postcount=21

This worked for me but for some reason emails from this forum still don't get through.

There was also a post on doing this whitelisting based on IP addresses, but I didn't feel comfortable with that, because I don't want to have to edit the file when IP addresses change.

I'm finding that this sender verify callout is a waste of time unless everyone does it, and enables there servers to comply with the callout response requirements.

You just don't know how many legit emails you are missing until the sending party comes forward and raises the issue.

Thanks
    Aaron