Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Exim mail stuck?

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussion' started by mikelbeck, Jul 6, 2005.

1. mikelbeck

mikelbeck Member

I've been getting a message in /var/log/exim_rejectlog for the last few days about the same message:

I've also been getting a message in /var/log/messages that seems to be related:

If I look at the mail queue in WHM, I don't see anything. But this e-mail seems to be stuck in between being delivered or being rejected.

What can I do about this?

2. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

Nothing much until the remote DNS becomes available. So long as your DNS resolution is working OK, then it's a fault at the other end of the line.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. mikelbeck

mikelbeck Member

I checked it at dnsstuff.com, here's the result:

If/when that DNS comes back to life, this e-mail will be delivered? Is there any way to just kill it? The message, I mean, not the DNS.

4. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

It will eventually be delivered if it can - the queuing system in exim runs (by default) once an hour and tries on a sliding hour scale for 4 days to deliver such emails. I'd suggest just leaving it there. If you really want to delete it, you can do so through WHM > Manage Mail Queue.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. mikelbeck

mikelbeck Member

When I take a look at "Manage Mail Queue" in WHM, it says there are no messages in the queue. However, I'm still getting these error messages in /var/log/messages and /var/log/exim_rejectlog.