Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

exim mailserver trouble

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussion' started by erik@delphi, Jul 31, 2005.

1. erik@delphi

erik@delphi Well-Known Member

hi people,

i have a dedicated server running fedora (redhat) linux 4 with cpanel/whm on it.earlier today i noticed i cannot receive e-mail.If i login to my /whm and i goto the e-mail section "manage mail queue" i see several messages there but i am unable to receive them through my e-mail client (outlook express)This has been working fine since i bought that server and i didn't changed the settings.All i did was upgrading the server os to fedora core 4

i'm using an smtp test located at www.zoneedit.com and this is what i get

Code:
    [b]
    < 550-(edit.dnsvr.com) [69.72.176.182] is currently not permitted to relay
    < 550-through this server. Perhaps you have not logged into the pop/imap server
    < 550-in the last 30 minutes or do not have SMTP Authentication turned on in your
    < 550 email client.
    [/b]

this must be a stupd question but how do i fix this ?? how on earth can i found out what's wrong :confused: :confused:

2. erik@delphi

erik@delphi Well-Known Member

hi peole,

problem solved for some reason my domain wasn't listed in "/etc/localdomains" i added it back restarted exim and i received all in my queue peace !

Code:
    If you received this, then the mail server (mail.delphiprogramming.be) is probably working.
    Sent at 2005-07-31 10:48:05 by **.**.***.*** using Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1)

you gotta love cpanel !