The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EXIM Memory Usage [cPanel 11]

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by wswd, Jul 22, 2007.

1. wswd

wswd Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Wasn't sure whether or not to post this in here or the main (general) forum, so I thought I'd try here first and see what happens. :D

Since installing cPanel 11, I have noticed a huge increase in memory usage, possibly a memory leak, since the memory usage starts off low and ends up ridiculously high.

We usually sit around 43% usage. After about 3-4 days, it might be in the low 70's, and after a week or more, in the 90's.

A restart of EXIM takes it right back to 41-43% and the cycle starts all over again.

Anybody else notice this? Aside from having a CRON restart EXIM every few days, is there a fix for this, or anyway around this. If it's helps, I'm using the release build 11.6.0-RELEASE_15076, though this started happening with the first 11 install I put on.

Thanks in advance!

Bryan

2. nyjimbo

nyjimbo Well-Known Member

How much total ram does that machine have?.

3. wswd

wswd Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    This particular account is running on one of our VPSs, though we've noticed the same on our dedicated boxes too. It has 384mb available. The entire server has 12GB of RAM.

[EDIT] Just checked that account again. Was 43% yesterday after a reset, and is now at 54% today, so about an 11% jump in slightly under 24 hours...about 20 hours to be exact. Should be near 70 tomorrow at this time.