The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Exim modification

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by protocol, Sep 13, 2004.

1. protocol

protocol Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

I am looking for an exim.conf modifcation to allow the server to relay mail for a particular domain but force it to realy it to a particular host rather than what is stated in the mx record. I need this for multiple domains so it will have to look these up in an external file. Anyone know how to do this? We may be willing to pay for this to be done if need be.

Thanks in advance

Will

2. zentity

zentity Well-Known Member

Why can't the MX record(s) for each domain be updated with the correct server to send mail to?

3. protocol

protocol Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

I know that would see sensible but that won't work in this case as mx records are set to a spam filtering proxy which is never down and doesn't queue mail. However the spam proxy can be set to try and pass mail to a backup mail server if the real destination mail server is down. However if the backup mail server works in the normal way it will try and send the mail back to the mx records i.e. the spam proxy and it goes into a loop which bounces afer too many hoops. That is why I need the backup mail server to forward to the specified destination mail server only. Hope that explains my reasons. If you have any better ideas let me know.

Thanks

Will