Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Exim not installed on Fedora 3

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by WinterpegCanuck, Apr 7, 2005.

1. WinterpegCanuck

WinterpegCanuck Registered

After installing cPanel using the latest installer (as of Tuesday) it keeps failing to install exim. Server status states 'exim (packageeximisnotinstalled) failed'. I can install exim with 'yum install exim' which installs 4.43, but then that yeilds 'exim (exim-4.43-1.FC3.1) failed' in server status. When I try to install from /scripts/exim4, it tries to install exim 4.50 but fails (see attached file).

I have tried installing cPanel on fresh installes of Fedora core 3 (both minimal and server without x/gui) and on two different machines (simple pII test server and what will become production quad xeon). I am on the 15 day trial license as I compare this with other host managment products. I am currently favoring whm/cpanel (even against free options) if only I can get past this roadblock.

From scouring these forms and google, I see some discontent towards using exim. Is it possible to use another mailserver with cpanel (I don't see naitivley, but maybe with an add-on)?

Attached Files:

2. cPanelBilly

cPanelBilly Guest

update to the latest edge version (in WHM) and then run:
    /scripts/exim4 --latest

This should install the new version, this is only an issue because FC3 support is only in Edge.

3. WinterpegCanuck

I am in the process up upgrading to edge packages. The goal is to create a production server, and from the docs, edge is not recommended for production environments, so should I fall back to an earlier Fedora or would you recommend a distro that works well with cpanel. I chose fedora for testing simply because it had cpqarray already built into the installer kernel.

4. cPanelBilly

cPanelBilly Guest

I would recommend using an OS that is currently fully supported (please check http://cpanel.net)

5. WinterpegCanuck

Switching to Edge had no positive results, same error as in the text file from running '/scripts/exim4 --latest' after making changes and running updates in WHM. I will retry with a different distribution. Thank you for your efforts.