Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Exim: Not using .forward files?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tbenoit, Feb 15, 2004.

1. tbenoit

tbenoit Member

Recently picked up another cPanel server.

I have a .forward in /root pointing to a valid email address on another server (admin@mydomain.com). I can manually send email to that address from this new server.

However, when I just send mail to "root", it appears as though exim is ignoring the existence of the .forward file. I tried this with another user on the system and received the same failure.

The .forward files on other servers work as expected.

cPanel: 8.8.0-S74

exim_mainlog log entries pertaining to a sample message on the new server (domain modified):

exim_mainlog log entries pertaining to a sample message on the old server (domain modified):

I "diff" the exim.conf files on newserver and oldserver, and they were the same (no differences).

Here is the "userforward:" stanza from exim.conf:

Here is the file settings for the .forward file:

This one has got me stumped. I've been on exim.org's site and searched this site as well. Nothing I read pops out as to why this would be happening and what to do to fix it.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

This seems the relevant line to me:

remote host address is the local host: newserver.mydomain.com

I would guess that you may have mydomain.com in your /etc/localdomains or you haven't got newserver.mydomain.com in your /etc/localdomains?

Thinking about it, it would seem logical that the latter might be the problem?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. tbenoit

tbenoit Member

Well, newserver.mydomain.com was missing from its /etc/localdomains file.

Interesting.....

Thanks for helping me out. I appreciate it.