EXIM outgoing filter , change an string for an account

magj

Dec 20, 2013
Germany
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hi

I searched the forum but couldn't find a clear answer to this, so I opened this thread,

I want to add an outgoing filter which replaces a text with another text in all outgoing emails of an account. (actualy the url of the text with a certain pattern , i.e:
Code:
http://sub.domain.com/subfolder
to
Code:
http://sub.domain.com/someother/folder
)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Last edited:

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
Hello :)

Have you considered setting up a custom Mod_Rewrite redirection rule so the domain name is automatically redirected to the preferred location?

Thank you.

magj

Dec 20, 2013
Germany
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hi

Thank you very much for your help, but the scenario is a bit complex (and funny ;) ), using whmcs & whmcs-wordpress integration ,the author of the integration believes it's not possible in software level, if I redirect all those links on apache/webserver, it will make an infinite loop due to the software design, so the only solution I could imagine , is to do it on mail server level, if possible.

any help would be greatly appreciated
Regards

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
You might receive input from other users here regarding the email filter, but you will likely get more feedback about whichever Apache redirect rules you implemented that resulted in an infinite loop. My guess is the redirect rules for the web server will be easier to configure than a custom Exim filter.

Thank you.

magj

Dec 20, 2013
Germany
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hi again

Thanks for your relpy, then it seems it's impossible ;) because this integration loads a page from another page, when the second page is redirected to the first one, it makes an infinite loop, this is how the integration is made (I know it would be better that way), but unfortunately it is.

Regards