The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

exim panic log message

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by dennisre3, Nov 25, 2004.

1. dennisre3

dennisre3 Member

this message appears in the panic log of exim regularly:

2004-11-25 16:25:28 1CXGO1-0007DP-55 User 0 set for local_delivery transport is
    on the never_users list

Why is User 0 is set for local_delivery and how to change that? It am using an unedited original Exim configuration.

2. shiv

shiv Member

MaiN Panic

Please check if whether the mail account has been created or not.
    If not you can check if there is any default or catch all account has been set for the domain or not. If Catch all mail account is not there. Add it you will be able to solve this issue. :) .

If not get back to me with the exim logs out put. I can check and get back to you with the solution.

Regards,
    Shiv

3. dezignguy

dezignguy Well-Known Member

User 0 is the root user... and exim doesn't deliver mail directly to that account for security reasons... the usual method of solving this (and what cpanel does) is to setup a forwarder for root's mail to another address (that exim can access without needing root access). This setting is configurable within WHM. "CHange System Mail Preferences".

4. shiv

shiv Member

Yeah, I do agree to that but still the mail will not reach the concerned preson's mail box.
    Hence he need to create a mail account to which he wants to receive the mails or setup and catchall account for the domain so that the unsolicited mails get delivered to the catch all inbox.

5. dezignguy

dezignguy Well-Known Member

You don't seem to understand... these are emails for root.

The root user doesn't get emails from outside the server... the emails it gets are all local notices and information from server processes, cron jobs, etc. So there is no 'domain' to setup for it... the closest thing to that would be the server's hostname, and if mail is even working at all, that's probably already setup.

However, if you're trying to say that he needs an existing mail account to forward root's mail to... you're correct. I just use my main address on my main domain for the final account. And as I said before, those settings are usually setup in WHM's Forwarding setup.