exim problem trying to upgrade

urgido

Jul 19, 2005
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Unable to write /etc/exim.conf: Operation not permitted at /usr/local/cpanel/scripts/buildeximconf line 91.
Resetting “Exim CF and ReplaceCF Configuration” to defaults...

Unable to write /etc/exim.conf: Operation not permitted at /usr/local/cpanel/scripts/buildeximconf line 91.
Resetting “Exim ACL Configuration” to defaults...

Resetting “Advanced Exim Inserts” to defaults...

Resetting “All Exim Configuration” to defaults...

Resetting “Custom and Third-Party ACLS” to defaults...

The system was unable to automatically merge your existing Exim configuration with the new settings in version “11.50.0 (build 10)” because your configuration contains incompatible custom settings or broken settings.

This configuration update is critical, however the system was not able to install a functional Exim configuration due to custom settings.

In order to complete this configuration update, remove the custom settings and then manually merge your configuration with the new configuration settings.

To complete this update from configuration version “10.390000” to version “10.410000”, perform the following steps:

• Click the “Backup” tab.
  • Click “Run Backup”.
  • Click the “Reset” tab.
  • Select “Reset cPanel & WHM Exim configuration files, one option at a time, until the installed Exim configuration is valid” from the menu.
  • Click “Reset”.
  • Under the “Basic Editor” and “Advanced Editor” tabs, use the data from your backup to update and reinstall your custom settings.
I upgraded to latest version of cpanel/whm but I have problems trying to update exim due my custom configuration. I follow the steps above mentioned but the issue still present.

Any clue? Bless

urgido

Jul 19, 2005
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
SOLVED.
In my case this was the solution provider by my managed team.

The exim configuration file had the append only attribute set; consequently, cPanel couldn't rewrite the file.
===
[email protected] [~]# lsattr /etc/exim.conf
-----a-A-----e- /etc/exim.conf
[email protected] [~]# chattr -a /etc/exim.conf
[email protected] [~]# /usr/local/cpanel/scripts/buildeximconf
Configuration file passes test! New configuration file was installed.
I post the solution for future same issues.

Reactions: vkimura