The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Exim- Problem with domains with hyphen???

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bmcpanel, Jun 15, 2004.

1. bmcpanel

bmcpanel Well-Known Member

Is it me or does the mail server on Cpanel have a problem with sending email to accounts with a damned hyphen. I have seen this time and time again. Many of the support requests concerning email problems are domains with hyphens in them. Is this coincidence??

----------------------------
    >>> RCPT TO:<someone@somedomainname.com>
    <<< 550-"The recipient cannot be verified. Please all recipients of this message 550 to verify they are valid."

2. arkitekt

arkitekt Registered

Hmmm... hyphen

That seems to be the problem I'm having right now too then... although I haven't had it in previous setups with Cpanel but I'm boggled by the problem right now and you may have just answered my question as to what the problem is... but how do we now fix that problem?

Thanks

Arkitekt

3. Starteck2002

Starteck2002 Member

I'm getting this too. Only domain with a hypen in it on the whole server and also the only one with email probs.

4. bmcpanel

bmcpanel Well-Known Member

I have never found or applied a fix. I have not noticed this issue lately, though. The problem may still exist, but I am not getting any support calls about it. Still wondering if it is an issue or not.

5. dgbaker

dgbaker Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    That is a strange one as we have multiple hyphened domains including our main one and have never seen this issue. Do you all have maybe the same OS? or Build #?