The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Exim Problem?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Fastez, Oct 24, 2003.

1. Fastez

Fastez Member

I am having an issue with what I was told is exim. With any sort of php form email script, I can't seem to send to domains not on the server. I have tried different boxes with the same result, yet I can send to the emails on the same server. Any ideas how to change the setting so that this doesn't happen? I am not sure what to do. Thanks!

2. LS_Drew

LS_Drew Well-Known Member

under 'tweak settings' in WHM, uncheck the box that prohibits the user 'nobody' from sending mail off-server.

3. Fastez

Fastez Member

Thanks for the help, but unfortunately it didn't work. I don't exactly understand what happened to the settings. Everything used to work fine, it seems like it may have been affected since our last update to 8.5.3 S-3 (or I could be wrong).

Here is an example of the bounce I get:

I also noticed now Invsion Board is giving me an error with mail when a new user signs up. I think it has something to do with Exim from what I can tell. For some reason, it's not allowing for email to be sent to other domains on the server. Thanks again for any more help.

4. Fastez

Fastez Member

Now I realize that it is doing this no matter Pop3 account or script. How do I change this setting in Exim to allow for it to send to anyone outside of the server?

5. anand

anand Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    If you like, i can take a look at it and help you. PM me with details.

6. Fastez

Fastez Member

Thanks but I finally fixed the problem. The orginial fix above would have fixed the original problem, but one of my partners in the issue attempted his own fix that further complicated the matters. After some scrolling I finally found the problem. ;) All is working well right now.

7. anand

anand Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    gud for you :)