The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Exim problem

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MrVonn, Dec 28, 2011.

1. MrVonn

MrVonn Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Server runs on godaddy hosting. I have problem emails sometimes go instant sometimes take about hour to send, yet when i go in command line and run "exim -qf" it sends right away. Can someone tell me what the problem is, here's entry from my log.
    HTML:
    2011-12-28 13:58:45 1Rg1WH-0007ts-KT == user@mysite.com R=send_to_smart_host T=remote_smtp defer (-53): retry time not reached for any host
    2011-12-28 14:04:49 1Rg1TX-0007s7-UN => user@hotmail.es R=send_to_smart_host T=remote_smtp H=p3plsmtps2ded-v01.prod.phx3.secureserver.net [208.109.80.210]

#1 MrVonn, Dec 28, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2011
  2. ruzbehraja

ruzbehraja Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Are the recipients all on hotmail?

If yes, then Hotmail maybe filtering or limiting the number of emails.

See: Sign In

How many mails are there in your mail queue?

3. MrVonn

MrVonn Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    usually when i see its like 2-5 emails in queue. No all receipients are on different domains. Even if someone blocks does it means email will stay in queue i thought it gots out trough local mail server and then whatever it should not be in queue?

I even use my own domain name and cannot recieve them. Usually i send 20-40 email day to myself during testing different features on my site.

4. ruzbehraja

ruzbehraja Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Have you tried to: "Attempt to Deliver all messages in queue" in the Mail Queue Manager.

You will see the verbose error for each mail that didnt go.

It maybe possible that the recipient servers are either limiting the number of mails that you are sending or that the account maybe having some problem and maybe needing a retry several times.

Eg: Yahoo defers mails to its domains - 421 4.16.55 [TS01] Messages from x.x.x.x temporarily deferred due to excessive user complaints | Yahoo! Postmaster Help