The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Exim probs

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by Mat-d-rat, Aug 23, 2008.

1. Mat-d-rat

Mat-d-rat Well-Known Member

Got a load of messages in my exmi queue, and when I attempt to deliver I get :-

Message 1KWvMV-00052a-80 is not frozen
    LOG: MAIN
    cwd=/usr/local/cpanel/whostmgr/docroot 4 args: /usr/sbin/exim -v -M 1KWvMV-00052a-80
    delivering 1KWvMV-00052a-80
    => discarded <xxxxx@xxxxxxxxxx> R=has_alias_but_no_mailbox_discarded_to_prevent_loop
    Connecting to xxxxxx.x.com [xx.xxx.xxx.xx]:25 ... failed: Connection timed out (timeout=5m)
    xxxx.xxxxxx.com [81.103.221.10] Connection timed out
    == xxxxxxxxxxx@xxxx<xxxxxxxxx@xxxxxxxxxx> R=lookuphost T=remote_smtp defer (110): Connection timed out

Return to Mail Queue

Any ideas?

#1 Mat-d-rat, Aug 23, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2008
  2. glittervane

glittervane Registered

This means an Alias has been setup may be for forwarding, but no email account was setup. This is usually done because they want certain email forwarded to another address and figure they don't have to create an email account for the Alias, within their account.

It seems that in mail forwarding it wants to put a copy of the email within the email account -- as well as doing the forwarding. If there is no email account setup, and only a forwarding, then there is no account to place the copy within and an endless loop is created.

To prevent the endless loop from continuing, the eMail is forwarded and the copy is discarded. The only drawback is that the error msg. will appear everytime an eMail address is used with the forwarding setup and no eMail account.

3. Mat-d-rat

Mat-d-rat Well-Known Member

The email is to me, and not being delivered... I've used this method for at least the last year and only yesterday did this start :(

Thanks for help though...