The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Exim queueing for a single domain...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bigj, Jun 30, 2004.

1. bigj

bigj Well-Known Member

I have a single domain on my server that is queueing mail instead of delivering it right away, and only from one address. It doesn't matter if the person sends the mail to inner domain addresses or other, they get queued. If he turns around and sends it from another account on the same domain it comes directly to me.

I checked the queue and sure enough they are just sitting in there with no error message or reason why they are being held. After about and hour + I'll end up getting the messages he sent me. I'm loving exim more and more everyday. I could just hug it, with my hammer.

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks.

bigj

2. BenThomas

BenThomas Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Is the user's account over their disk quota?

Surely you can locate some exim logs regarding its failure to deliver messages to the user's inbox. That would be very helpful in diagnosing this issue.

3. bigj

bigj Well-Known Member

I had checked if they were over quota first thing. They are using 134 megs out of 1 gig. I will check the exim logs. I had checked all the other logs but never thought, imagine that, that exim had it's own log files <hitting forehead>

Thanks for the help.

bigj

4. bigj

bigj Well-Known Member

I looked into the the logs and saw there was an error to the effect of, 'More than 10 simultaneous connections' warning. It accepts all the mail it just queues it forever. Silly thing is that there is nothing about that in /etc/exim/conf.

The other things is that it appears the older version of Outlook this customer was using handles smtp connections differently. Based on the above error it appears that it's opening up an smtp connection for every e-mail it sends, even though all the addresses were in the same envelope.

If this customer sets up the same account under a newer version of Outlook it sends all the messages w/o queueing them.

Anyone know where the setting is to increase the # of simultaneous connections from the same IP? Also, could this be an authenticated smtp issue/limitation?

bigj