Exim RBL Whitelist Editor broken?

Vliegtuig

Jan 21, 2010
I've got a secondary nameserver that needs to send messages via the main server, but it seems to be blacklisted in the Spamcop RBL.

I added the hostname (which has a reverse DNS) to the RBL whitelist, but I am still getting the same errors in my queue:

** [email protected] <[email protected]> R=lookuphost T=remote_smtp: SMTP error from remote mail server after RCPT TO:<[email protected]>: host primary.host [xx.xx.xx.xx]: 550-JunkMail rejected - secondary.host [xx.xx.xx.xx] is in an RBL, see\n550 http://www.spamhaus.org/query/bl?ip=xx.xx.xx.xx

This leads me to think that the RBL whitelist is actually broken.

Please tell me I am wrong. Am I overlooking something?

sneader

Aug 21, 2003
La Crosse, WI
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
It's not just you. I worked on this for quite a while, before opening a ticket on the problem. The 4th tech assigned to my ticket finally found that it was a known bug. Per that tech:

The problem with the RBL Whitelist not working is a bug documented in our internal bug database #32103.

As a work around until a fix is released, you can add IP's to /etc/skipsmtpcheckhosts. This can be done via WHM >> Exim Configuration Editor >> Whitelist: Bypass all SMTP time recipient/sender/spam/relay checks [Edit].
Hope this helps.

- Scott

Bdzzld

Apr 3, 2004
"Whitelist: IPs that should not be checked against RBLs" actually working?

Hi,

We've all our server's IP-addresses added to the "Whitelist: IPs that should not be checked against RBLs". This morning we noticed a significant decrease in regular e-mails, and discovered our complete(!) network was blacklist by Spamhaus SBL. The servers interacting with each other in the whitelist still, however, received the following message :

[email protected]
SMTP error from remote mail server after RCPT TO:<[email protected]>:
host address.not [333.333.333.333]: 550-"JunkMail rejected - server.address.not [444.444.444.444] is in an RBL, see
550 http://www.spamhaus.org/SBL/sbl.lasso?query=SBLxxxxx"
Is this a know bug/problem?

Thanks.

cPanelDon

cPanel Quality Assurance Analyst
Staff member
Nov 5, 2008
Houston, Texas, U.S.A.
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
Twitter
Hi,

We've all our server's IP-addresses added to the "Whitelist: IPs that should not be checked against RBLs". This morning we noticed a significant decrease in regular e-mails, and discovered our complete(!) network was blacklist by Spamhaus SBL. The servers interacting with each other in the whitelist still, however, received the following message :

Is this a know bug/problem?

Thanks.
Please see the following post: cPanel Forums - View Single Post - Exim RBL Whitelist Editor broken?

cPanelDon

Staff member
Nov 5, 2008
Houston, Texas, U.S.A.
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
Twitter
Status Update for Internal Case ID #32103

It's not just you. I worked on this for quite a while, before opening a ticket on the problem. The 4th tech assigned to my ticket finally found that it was a known bug. Per that tech:

The problem with the RBL Whitelist not working is a bug documented in our internal bug database #32103.

As a work around until a fix is released, you can add IP's to /etc/skipsmtpcheckhosts. This can be done via WHM >> Exim Configuration Editor >> Whitelist: Bypass all SMTP time recipient/sender/spam/relay checks [Edit].
Hope this helps.

- Scott
The issue being tracked by internal case number 32103 has been addressed in BETA and is pending further Quality Assurance testing and verification. Upon completion of verification and availability in a public release tier you may view status updates via the official change log: cPanel Change Log

We will update this thread upon future confirmation of availability in public release tiers, such as STABLE, RELEASE, CURRENT, and EDGE.

Bdzzld

Apr 3, 2004
Hi CPaneDon,

Fortunately the blacklist problem has been resolved and our network is no longer on a blacklist. Do you have an estimate on when the bugfix will be visible in the RELASE edition?

Thanks.

cPanelDon

Staff member
Nov 5, 2008
Houston, Texas, U.S.A.
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
Twitter
Hi CPaneDon,

Fortunately the blacklist problem has been resolved and our network is no longer on a blacklist. Do you have an estimate on when the bugfix will be visible in the RELASE edition?

Thanks.
This is not something I can know with certainty because it depends upon future publication, testing, and verification into each release tier, starting with EDGE, then to CURRENT, followed by RELEASE, and finally to STABLE. For more in-depth information about how the release process works I recommend the following documentation article: cPanel/WHM Versions and Release Process

cPanelDon

Staff member
Nov 5, 2008
Houston, Texas, U.S.A.
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
Twitter
Hi CPaneDon,

Thanks.
This is not something I can know with certainty because it depends upon future publication, testing, and verification into each release tier, starting with EDGE, then to CURRENT, followed by RELEASE, and finally to STABLE. For more in-depth information about how the release process works I recommend the following documentation article: cPanel/WHM Versions and Release Process
The best estimate I have available is a targeted version ETA of cPanel 11.28, (formerly referred to as "11.25.1"); however, this is subject to change.