The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Exim redirect email traffic or exim router

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by Bogdan Stoica, Apr 20, 2015.

1. Bogdan Stoica

Bogdan Stoica Member

Feb 10, 2015
    Bucharest, Romania, Romania
    cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Hello there,

I have an external server configured to accept email traffic form the shared hosting servers of my company. We experience problems with sending emails to Gmail meaning that, all the emails sent to Gmail are going to Spam. Using an external server, with a different IP class seems to work.

No my question is. Is there anyway to redirect to an external email server only the emails sent to gmail?

I already have a staticroute router in my exim.conf and I use the external mail server only for certain domains from my servers (those domain that the customers have complained that their emails sent to Gmail are going to Spam). With this setup, all the emails sent from a domain are going through the external mail server. I want to be able to make only the emails sent to Gmail to go through the external mail server and all other emails to be delivered normally, from the hosting server.

Any help would be really appreciated.
  2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

Apr 11, 2011
    cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator

I'm not aware of any easy method of configuring a smart host only for emails sent to a specific destination. You may want to post to the Exim users mailing list to see if it's possible:

Exim Users Mailing List

Thank you.