The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Exim: Retry time not yet reached

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by circlec, Aug 26, 2004.

1. circlec

circlec Active Member

Hi,

I am using mailman (through cPanel) to send out emails to a few 100 users who have signed up to the mailing list. However, while mail has been sent, a few hours later I start seen the following:

2004-08-26 06:10:53 1Bzd45-0000oJ-Oq == ivorwhit@iafrica.com R=lookuphost T=remote_smtp defer (-53): retry time not reached for any host
    2004-08-26 06:10:53 1Bzd45-0000oJ-Oq == goodlife@iafrica.com R=lookuphost T=remote_smtp defer (-53): retry time not reached for any host
    2004-08-26 06:10:53 1Bzd45-0000oJ-Oq == owenmcgr@iafrica.com R=lookuphost T=remote_smtp defer (-53): retry time not reached for any host

The above is just an example, 100s more show up. What causes this and how does one force the emails to be sent, I have tried forcing exim to deleiver the mail through WHM, the same error just appears in /var/log/exim_mainlog.

How does one fix this, the above email addresses to exist together with all the others in the log.

2. dalem

dalem Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    those are bounce messages those email addresses do not exist

3. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

Either that, or the receiving SMTP server is down/unavailable and so your SMTP server has queued them to try again according to the exim queue configuration settings.