The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Exim / SA / smtp auth issues

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by dclaw, Jul 23, 2008.

1. dclaw

dclaw Member
    PartnerNOC

Hi,

For the past few days, our customers have been reporting that pop-before-smtp no longer works, and also smtp authentication no longer works.

Currently when we try to restart exim we get the following error:

]# service exim restart
    Shutting down clamd: [ OK ]
    Shutting down exim: [ OK ]
    Shutting down spamd: [ OK ]
    Starting clamd: [ OK ]
    Starting exim-26: [ OK ]
    Starting exim: [ OK ]
    Starting exim-smtps: [ OK ]
    Can't locate Mail/SpamAssassin/CompiledRegexps/body_0.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /var/lib/spamassassin/compiled/3.002004 /var/lib/spamassassin/compiled/3.002004 /scripts /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.8/i686-linux /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.8 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/i686-linux /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.7/i686-linux /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.7 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.2 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.0 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl .) at /scripts/test_sa_compiled line 19.
    BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /scripts/test_sa_compiled line 19.
    Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::Rule2XSBody is not available: disabled

At this time, we are unsure of whether this issue is related or not, but as it stands, this issue started at the same time, so it's either a symptom of a larger problem, or the cause.

I have tried the following:

#sa-compile -D --list
    # cpan -r Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::Rule2XSBody

Both finish without error.

Please let me know if anyone has any ideas.

Thanks,
    Mike

2. mtindor

mtindor Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Mike,

When you say "customers" I have to assume you mean paying customers. With that said, if you are experiencing a problem that may lose you customers, it's wise to open a ticket rather than post here. You _may_ get an answer here, you _will_ get an answer if you open a ticket. Of course, if your license provider is Cpanel themselves, open the ticket iwth Cpanel. If your hosting company is your license provider, open the ticket with them.

I don't have the answer to your question, but I know that if I had a problem that was potentially costing me money because it affects paying customers, I certainly would open a ticket first and then ask questions on the forum second.

Mike

3. mtindor

mtindor Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator