Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Exim - Script for Remove Messages from Queue - Based on body of message

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by minotauro, Dec 5, 2004.

1. minotauro

minotauro Well-Known Member

Hello,

I need any script to remove messages from my queue based on body (any word) of messages. My servers receive many SPAMs from different senders but with the same content. I don´t like include the filter in /etc/antivirus.exim because it, many times, cause the lost of legitims messages.

Where I find one script to check the body of message, after this message stop in queue, and remove it if find the exact string? Always I see scripts based on header - senders - of messages (using command "exim -bp").

Thanks for any information.

Regards,
    Minotauro.

2. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

You shouldn't be messing with messages in the queue - that's the wrong place. You should be checking them on receipt before they even get there. There are 3 main solutions available at the moment for cPanel servers:

1. cPanels implementation of SpamAssassin plus antivirus.exim

2. exiscan

3. MailScanner

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. dolphyn

dolphyn Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I have attached a home-grown Perl script that I sometimes use for this purpose. You'll need to edit the script to include whatever string you want to eliminate.

Use it at your own risk.

Attached Files: