You can try on Stable and Release, the following in the /scripts

./updatenow
./exim4

run from cmd line
Thanks man ,have a nice day:)

midnightz

Apr 25, 2003
Yes,

I needed to put it one one of my many servers and what you are basically doing is only updating the EXIM but not cPanel, since this is a EXIM bug not cPanel.

You might see some extra things in service status show up and then when they put out a good stable release then upgrade in full.

Overall this exploit is not as bad as others in the past, If you have a stock out of the box EXIM and have not tweaked the living hell out of EXIM features, it should be fine regardless of the warning, but in all safety it is good to update the EXIM.

I would not downgrade cPanel or upgrade cPanel to a non stable release, esp. on a production server

Hope that helps

mgdoyle

PartnerNOC
Apr 24, 2004
Originally posted by midnightz
You can try on Stable and Release, the following in the /scripts

./updatenow
./exim4

run from cmd line
Hi, I have run these scripts as well as ./upcp, and I am still getting the security warning.

I currently have:
WHM 9.2.0
cPanel 9.2.0-S25
RedHat 7.3
WHM X v2.1.2

Also, how do I check which version of Exim I am running, and to which version should this process upgrade?

midnightz

Apr 25, 2003
Originally posted by mgdoyle
Hi, I have run these scripts as well as ./upcp, and I am still getting the security warning.

I currently have:
WHM 9.2.0
cPanel 9.2.0-S25
RedHat 7.3
WHM X v2.1.2

Also, how do I check which version of Exim I am running, and to which version should this process upgrade?
The warning if you upgraded cPanel should have disapeared?!?

Try rebooting in this order

exim
cppop
imap

Then soft reboot if it still shows, that worked on some of my servers