Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Exim SMTPS Issue..

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussion' started by f0urtyfive, Dec 6, 2004.

1. f0urtyfive

f0urtyfive Member

I use SMTPS in Exim (Encrypted SMTP) and last week, it ceased to work... I tried a few different configs until this finally popped into exim_mainlog:
    2004-12-06 21:43:38 TLS error on connection from [my.ip.1.1] (SSL_accept): error:140760FC:SSL routines:SSL23_GET_CLIENT_HELLO:unknown protocol

I've tried a few different ways, but I cant find any config that will work, and I also cant find any exim-specific message on that error that isnt in russia or spanish.

Any ideas?

#1 f0urtyfive, Dec 6, 2004
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2004
  2. f0urtyfive

f0urtyfive Member

Oddly enough after I upgraded ClamAV it fixed itself... First I tried plain old IMAP instead of TLS encrypted, and that gave me some mailscanner errors, so I upgraded ClamAV and once It fininished I got deluged by mail waiting in the mqueue for mailscanner... I just re-enabled TLS encryption and it worked fine.