The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Exim Spawning Child Processes

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Illuvatar123, Jan 28, 2005.

1. Illuvatar123

Illuvatar123 Registered

I just got off the phone with our support folks because our newletter script which use to work like a charm, seems now to be dragging down our server.

What the tech in the datacenter told me as he was monitoring it was that Exim appears to be starting a child process for each and every mail that it is putting through the system instead of initiating one process as it did in the past. This is in effect driving the server load to 80-90 % and downing it by the time we reach 50 emails.

Our tech went ahead and ran the update to Exim 4, and when nothing changed, he advised me to post here and see if anyone can tell us if this is how Exim is supossed to work now. Was this multi-process part of a security patch and so functioning normally, or is there some tweeking that we need to do. :confused:

Help would be very much appreciated.

2. netlook

netlook Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

I have exactly the same problem - every mail is a new exim process. It is on Exim 4.44, before everything went smoothly.

It's time to change /scripts/exim4 cPanelStuff :rolleyes:

3. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

They could try resetting their exim configuration back to defaults:

/scripts/reseteximtodefaults

This would ensure that they have a standard Exim configuration. If they still have problems, they should log a support ticket with cPanel.

4. Illuvatar123

Illuvatar123 Registered

Thank you sir! I will forward this off to them and direct them to this thread.

Thanks again!