The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EXIM will not send OR receive from outside domains

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by helper, Feb 4, 2008.

1. helper

helper Member

WHM 11.15.0 cPanel 11.17.5-C20439
    Running on Redhat Enterprise 5 > quad Xeon > 4gb 100's of Gigs hard drive available

This started the past Friday evening - can send and receive ONLY within the same domain -- all others come up with an EXIM error: host lookup did not complete

Anybody?

2. kooby

kooby Registered

Well considering no one else has replied I thought I might give it a shot. It sounds like that there's some sort of DNS issue perhaps... Log in with ssh and try pinging google.com and see if it can resolve it.

3. helper

helper Member

Nope, not able to ping any external domain. Guess the issue has been created by a ghost -- there have been NO logons for over a month, nor any system changes -- then all of a sudden this starts????

Sounds to me as if cPanel has a defective mechinism for updates.

4. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

Sounds more like kooby suggested - a local DNS lookup issue with the DNS resolver you have configured.

5. JofleyUK

JofleyUK Member

We had a few problems like that a while ago, there was an outtage of 4-6 hours of mail not reaching the outside world. Our dedi server provider warned me that they were changing the resolvers for the dedi boxes. Of course I didn't remember about the email from about 3 months ago. Check with your dedi host as sometimes they change resolvers IP addresses that will have an adverse effect on your ability to even ping out from the server.